Chocolate is a big part of Valentine’s Day celebrations, and while convenient, sometimes those boxed chocolates from the store just don’t cut it when it comes to expressing your love through dessert.
So if you’re looking to make your Valentine’s extra special this year, why not make your own chocolate treats for the one you love? Check out these decadent recipes for chocolates, strawberries, truffles and desserts below for some sure-to-impress treats.
- Dark Chocolate Bourbon Balls: For a decadent treat that has a little more kick, try this recipe that has a combined blended taste of both bourbon and pecans.
- Easy Chocolate Covered Strawberries: There’s no combo that’s harder to beat when it comes to decadence on Valentine’s Day then chocolate-covered strawberries. Save money on ones from the store/bakery with this easy recipe and give them your own customized finish with different drizzles and toppings.
- Homemade Chocolate Candy Hearts: If your sweetheart still wants chocolate hearts, impress them with this recipe that is also versatile, allowing you to change up the flavors with different add-ons, kinds of chocolate and even sprinkles.
- Truffle Cherries: Make your own delicious chocolate-covered cherries at home with this easy recipe that contains only four ingredients.
- Banana Cream Chocolate Truffles: For something a little more unique, try this recipe that gives you some unexpected texture with the added banana.
- Champagne White Chocolate Truffles: For a truly impressive treat, try this recipe featuring white chocolate, champagne, and if you’re feeling particularly creative, edible gold leaf.
- Chocolate Truffles: If you’re after an easy recipe and have someone who loves chocolate all on its own, this recipe for plain chocolate recipes is the creamy and delicious one that’s perfect for you.
- Red Velvet Cake Truffles: If you want to combine two desserts in one, and are also in search of something that captures the romantic spirit of Valentine’s Day with a deep red color, then these truffles featuring red velvet cake bites in the middle are perfect.
- Strawberry Chocolate Truffles: Not only does this recipe give you the delectable combination and chocolate and strawberries, but they’re also covered in nuts for an extra element.