Investing.com – Stocks in focus in pre-market trade Friday:
· Walt Disney (NYSE:) stock rose 1.59% as of 8:15 AM ET (13:15 GMT) after the company on the top and bottom lines on Thursday. It reported earnings of $1.48 a share on revenue of $14.31 billion.
· Lions Gate Entertainment (NYSE:) stock increased 5% after its earnings came in higher than expected.
· General Electric (NYSE:) stock was down 2% after J.P. Morgan cut its price target on the stock to $6 from $10, due to its earnings being worse than expected, CNBC reported.
· New Age Beverages (NASDAQ:) stock sank 19% after the company announced a secondary offering of common stock.
· Hertz Global (NYSE:) stock soared 17.80% following earnings after the bell yesterday that by more than 40 cents per share.
· Yelp (NYSE:) stock plunged 31.5% after it issued downside fourth-quarter guidance after the bell yesterday and said its new account growth slowed.
· Potbelly (NASDAQ:) stock tumbled 14%. The sandwich store chain missed earnings and revenue forecasts and also issued guidance below consensus.
· E. W. Scripps (NASDAQ:) stock rose 3% following quarterly results that beat on the top and bottom lines.
· Tribune Media (NYSE:) stock gained 2% following earnings that handily topped forecasts, thanks in part to strong revenue from political advertising.
· Finisar Corporation (NASDAQ:) stock rose 5.3% after news that laser and optical products maker II-VI will buy Finisar, which is a major supplier to Apple (NASDAQ:), in a $3.2 billion deal.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.